Enrolling on a Course
On receipt of your registration form you will receive an email:
- Confirming your enrolment and chosen course.
- Flywire link which will enable you to make payment in full or pay a deposit of €250 (Ireland) / GBP£200 (UK) and CAD$350 (Canada). [Deposits paid are non-refundable].
Full payment of fees is due 2 weeks prior to the starting date
Please note any invoices paid directly to CES by credit card will be subject to a total credit card surcharge of 2%
- By bank transfer or credit card through flywire, our preferred payment provider. To register and make a payment go to ces-dublin.flywire.com to begin the payment process. [flywire handling fees will be advised at the time of payment]
- By bank transfer in EURO directly into CES bank account:
Bank Name: AIB
Address: 7-12 Dame Street, Dublin 2, Ireland
Account Name: Centre of English Language Studies Ltd.
Account Number: 88887063
Sort Code: 93 20 86
[please add €30 to cover bank charges]
- By bank transfer or credit card through flywire, our preferred payment provider. To register and make a payment go to ces-uk.flywire.com to begin the payment process. [flywire handling fees will be advised at the time of payment].
- By bank transfer in GBP directly into CES account:
Bank Name: National Westminster Bank
Address: 27 South Street, Worthing West Sussex, BN11 3AR
Account Name: Centre of English Studies Ltd.
IBAN: GB 33 NWBK 602431 74638459
Account Number: 74638459
Sort Code: 60 24 31
[please add GBP£15 to cover bank charges]
**Please ensure when making a payment to include the invoice number and student name or number**
- Fees include tuition, assessment test at the beginning of the course, individual report, use of listening centre/multimedia centre for private study, self-access, listening and interactive technology centre, email facilities and guided e-learning.
- We do not accept responsibility for costs incurred due to flight delays, e.g. accommodation.
- If a student does not acquire a visa on time, the above cancellation policy applies.
- We do not take responsibility for loss or theft of belongings.
- Students are expected to have appropriate medical and baggage insurance.
- Non EU students must take out private medical insurance.
- There is no refund of fees for days missed during the course/late arrival/early departure/public holidays.
- During peak times classes can be held at additional premises.
- There is no refund if a student fails to complete the programme.
- There will be no refund for students who change from Intensive to Standard Course.
- Where a visa has been refused, CES will refund the fees less the deposit of €250 (Ireland) / GBP£200 (UK)/ CAD$350 (Canada) and bank charges on receipt of evidence of the visa refusal plus the refusal number.
- If the intended commencement date of an English Language Programme is delayed because of visa problems, CES will not adjust your tuition or accommodation end date and no refund will be made.
- CES will allow 1 date change per student. Additional date changes are charged at €30 per student per date change. This cost will cover the administrative time needed to make these changes.
Note: If a student wishes to return to their home country or take holidays elsewhere during the term of their English Language Programme
they are free to do so, but no credit will be given for missed study time. Parental consent is required for any classes or activities missed.
CES will not be responsible for any failure to comply with any of its obligations (and therefore shall not be required to provide any compensation) if the failure is occasioned by any cause beyond CES’s reasonable control. Nor shall CES be responsible for any costs incurred by or on behalf of the students as a result of any such cause.
Such causes shall include, but shall not be limited to, act of government, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, unusually adverse weather conditions and infectious diseases.
Should CES be forced to close again due to any other natural disaster / pandemic:
- Classes will immediately return to virtual online with full scheduled hours available.
- CES now has in place the capabilities to revert to on line within a few hours.
- One week of online equals one week of face to face course.
Credit notes will be given to the agent for students who chose to return home (credit will be in one week blocks for tuition and accommodation). The student or agent can use this credit at another time within a 12 month period.
The student's agent can opt to refund the student directly (CES will only be issuing credit notes) If third party accommodation has been booked CES must adhere to their terms and conditions. If CES accommodation has been booked and the student returns home we will refund unused accommodation monies in one week blocks.
If current Covid-19 social distancing rules still apply when your group / students are coming to a CES school there will be additional costs applied for things like airport transfers / full day tours / evening activities.
CES Virtual Class Terms and Conditions:
These terms and conditions apply specifically to our online, virtual classes.
Courses are accessible online via Zoom platform. Students must use Computer, laptop or tablet with broadband connection of 10mbs or more. Headphones, microphone and a webcam.
After course registration and payment, clients will receive a confirmation email from the CES registration office. This will contain a link to the CES Placement Test. Once we have checked your level, we will place you in an appropriate class and will send you an invitation link for the course. Clients may purchase extended access to the courses on request.
Customers are expected to attend all lessons in order to make the progress expected of them. CES does not accept any liability for any lessons missed and no refunds or extra materials will be given where lessons are missed for any reason.
You may not allow anyone else to access the online training courses via your log-in details.
CES cannot be held responsible for part or all of a course being missed due to technical failures on the client side. Where courses are missed due to technical issues at CES or the tutor’s end, the missing part will be rescheduled at the client’s convenience.
CES is not responsible for the running of the Zoom website, and do not guarantee that the website will provide continuous, prompt, secure or error-free service, and assume no responsibility, and shall not be liable for, any damages to or viruses that may affect users’ computer equipment or other property arising from use of the courses, including but not limited to the reproduction of the content.
There will be no classes delivered on the following days:
Ireland & UK: 1st Jan, 17th March, 2nd and 5th April, 3rd May, 7th June, 2nd August, 25th October, 17th Dec 2021 – 3rd Jan 2022
Canada: 1st Jan, 15th Feb, 2nd and 5th April, 24th May, 1st July, 2nd August, 6th Sept, 11th Oct, 11th Nov, 24th and 27th Dec 2021
When public holidays occur on a Monday, students will begin their course on a Tuesday. No extra classes will be arranged to make up group lessons missed on public holidays and there is no refund of fees or credit given.
Notice of a training registrant’s intent to cancel a registration must be made by emailing [email protected]
and is subject to the following terms:
- Training registrants whose cancellation request is received in excess of 14 days prior to the start date of the training activity will incur no liabilities.
- Training registrants whose cancellation request is received less than 14 days prior to the start date or after the commencement of the training no fees will be refunded.
- One to One classes cannot be cancelled within 24 hours. In cases of no show lesson is forfeit.