Important news and COVID updates from CES
We hope that this mail finds you, your work colleagues, your family and friends well and safe. As you can appreciate this has been a difficult time and it is important that we all work together to ensure our students, staff, overseas agents and hosts are all getting the best advice and guidance.
Latest news from the UK
Following the announcement of the “roadmap” plan by the U.K government, we are delighted to announce that CES Leeds will re-open on Monday 8th March 2021
Our other U.K centres will hopefully re-open on the following dates:
As you can see, the U.K will be back fully open from 21st June 2021. If you have any questions you can us at - email@example.com
Planning your trip to the UK
Students planning to arrive in the UK will need to follow UK Government rules for all arriving travellers. These are slightly different for England and Scotland You need to:
- Complete the Passenger Locator Form and make sure you have a print out of this or a complete form on your phone.You will be asked to show this on arrival and it gives travel details and your address here in the UK. It will ask you to book two more Covid tests after your arrival in the UK
- Find a provider of Covid tests in your own country.You will need to take a test at least 72 hours before you arrive in the UK and have proof of a negative result at the airport
- Quarantine (self-isolate) for 10 days after you arrive either at a hotel, your host family address OR at your own accommodation. In Scotland, as of today (05/03/21), all quarantining travellers must stay at a government approved hotel.
- Students from “red zone” countries must quarantine at a government approved hotel.
- We have special offers for students who need to quarantine and who are staying for 7 weeks or more.
Latest news from Canada
We anticipate that CES Toronto re-open on March 8, 2021.
Students must apply for a Study Permit (CES Toronto is an approved Designated Learning Institution, DLI# 019517085782). Currently the Canadian government requires that students stay in a government designated hotel for 3 days and then move to the Quarantine residence for 13 days. Quarantine Packages have been developed and CES Toronto staff can assist you with all the arrangements.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
Latest news from Ireland
Students planning to travel to CES Dublin need to be aware that the Irish Government has released the latest travel restrictions, 04/03/21
“As part of Government efforts to tackle the pandemic, Minister for Justice Helen McEntee T.D. has signed an order imposing new visa requirements on passport holders from a number of South American countries and South Africa. This order and the associated measures came into effect at midnight on Wednesday 27th January 2021.
In addition to the new requirements, we have also taken the decision to temporarily cease accepting new visa/preclearance applications except for certain categories of persons and exceptional circumstances. This is effective from close of business 29th of January 2021.
Details are available at http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/visas-updates
It is strongly advised that everyone, regardless of their nationality or visa/preclearance status, who cannot provide proof of an essential purpose to travel to or within Ireland in line with the list of exemptions should not travel to Ireland.”
We have been asked to bring this notice to the attention of international students and recruiters. All relevant notices are published on the website at http://www.inis.gov.ie/
We hope to resume face to face classes on either 05th or 12th April 2021 but we will update this as soon as we have more official news.
All students in CES Dublin are now ONLINE
Future students in Ireland
For any student that was due to travel to Ireland over the next 6 weeks, we have been informed by the Irish Department of Justice that they would prefer for students to defer or postpone their study trip to Ireland. The Irish borders are not closed but prospective students are being asked to respect the current restrictions that have just been put in place.
- We are asking all prospective students to re-arrange their flights to travel later in 2021, possibly to travel after May.
- We would also ask our agents not to send students to Ireland until it is safe to do so. This is realistically looking like May or June 2021.
- As mentioned ILEP have stated that no student can arrive in to Ireland until we are back teaching Face to Face classes or until DFA restrictions on travel have been lifted.
Be assured that CES is doing everything we can to assist you. Please do not hesitate to contact us email@example.com
Stay safe and follow the guidelines so we can all return to brighter days.